[VAC] Re: 25 year rule - One Man's Opinion

Terry...Could not have said it better...thanks. I have a '78 A/S and I am
really looking forward to next year when it is 25 years old and I can join
VAC. I would be very disappointed if that did not happen due to a change in
the rules. What rule would change next? It would more than likely curtail
my enthusiasm for WBCCI. My Grandparents were very active in the WBCCI and
I plan on being the same. That being said I will also add that I do not
like groups that exclude their own membership, for goodness sake. I think
if the WBCCI wants to survive they need to change a bit with the times and
the interests of the membership. With the baby boomer generation cohort
moving up in age there is a tremendous potential for WBCCI to expand greatly
in their membership. But that expansion will challenge the status quo...all
groups evolve...they can not stay static, they must remain fluid to change.
The WBCCI of my Grandparents generation will more than likely not be the
WBCCI of my generation (born 1955). Things must change to keep stagnation
away and to meet the needs of the membership or the WBCCI will rust away.
My two cents worth.
Thomas #8848
'78 Ambassador