[VAC] wheel wells and the 25 year rule

I was looking on the inside of my trailer today looking for leaks.  I pulled the bins out underneath the mid-coach twin beds and saw that the plastic wheel well on the curb side were cracked where they are attached to the trailer.  Has that ever happened to anybody?  Any ideas on how to fix it or if I even need to worry about it?  I am mostly concerned about it leaking water at those breaks.  By the way...I hope the criteria for a vintage trailer stays at 25 years...I am soooo close!
Thanks.
Thomas LaVergne
'78 Ambassador #8848