[VAC] Suburban heater

Spring greetings Airstreamers,

 You may recall remember back when I was discussing my Suburban heater
ills (last fall) well I have conquered the thing!  I purchased a new
Dinosaur control board (at that time) complete with built in fuse and
led lights.  The fuse was fine, the lights seemed to function so it
seemed it must be the heater circuitry.  So I bypassed all the switches
tested with Ohm meter according to the trouble shooting info. from
Dinosaur, no power getting to the electromagnetic gas valves.  This
became even more obvious after taking the gas valve apart and watching
the small electromagnetic valves NOT open.  So what's left??? I checked
the contacts at the mother board where it plugs into the wiring harness,
bent them out to contact the board and there you have it the thing
worked like a charm!!!!  I can tell you I sure enjoyed watching those
little electromagnetic valves as they popped open then closed when the
thing cycled through.  I imagine most electricians would suspect the
plug in the first place, not me I suspected the worst and allowed that
to buffalo me on the project for close to a year.

Happy trails,
GAS
66 Overlander
62 Globe Trotter

P.S.
The Vintage Advantage Newsletter was truely interesting I most enjoyed
Paul Welschmeyers "Edison:Rethinking the function and interior of the
Airstream" and photos.