[VAC] Re: Cleaning out H20 heater

Last night I took my "shower" with the hand held flex hose in my 66 Safari
in my hand.  The hot water pressure was so low that I had to wave it no more
than a couple of inches from my epidermis (did I spell it right?:)

It is the consensus from this list' and an RV repairman (who was working in
the park here) that the problem I was having with low hot water pressure is
calcium and other mineral deposits caused by very hard water in this area.
The RV repair guy felt the deposits were in the heater tank itself and the
fitting attaching the tank to the water system.  I suspect these deposits go
further into the lines . . . at least as far as the H20 drain.

Here's where I am right NOW!
    - I shut of the water heater
    - monitored output of H20 drain until all hot water was gone
    - no trace of anything but clear water - now cold
    - continuing to flush cold water from the main through the tank
    - closed dump valve and opened bathroom sink and let flushing continue

Pressure is still  low.  I can see the hot water output fitting from the
rear.  I am inclined to wrench it open and off.  Then what ???

    Snake the fitting into the tank?
    Snake the line?  If so where do I get a snake for
    Any chemical possibilites?

Since the H20 heater output is at the top of the tank, how would I drain it?
As I send this email the tank has been flushing for 2 hours but the pressure
has not increased.

Thanks for any help
Bob