[VAC] Re: Hitch Height?

Hi folks:

I have a 1973  27' ft, Airstream Overlander which came with a dual cam sway control made by Reese. However the weight distributing hitch is missing. According to the information in the Airstream brochure, the tongue weight of the trailer is 550 lbs. I am able to get a reasonably good deal on a Drawtite Weight Distributing Hitch. The Drawtite weight distributing bars are rated for 1000 lbs tongue weight. The Drawtite bars are round at the front and tapered towards the back of the bars.  They  have the grooves at the end to fit into the stirrup/cam.

Can someone tell me whether this set up will work? Can I use the Drawtite weight distributing hitch/bars with the Reese Dual Cam Sway Control?  Thanks.

Greg G.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada