[VAC] Re: jalousie Windows and metal fatigue

Thanks for the offer , Robert ,and the links , RJ ,and both Andy R`s .
I`m going to order a couple of books from tinman tech`s book site . I
am thinking of reinforcing my roof with more stringers, possibly
replacing a roof panel , certainly making a patch that looks decent if I
dont replace the panel , and putting pads for my solar panels which will
flip down as an awning over the windows on the streetside . I am
interested in design generally , but for this project I guess I need to
learn how to buck rivets , as its all open inside so I can if  I want to
. I also need to find out if I can remove both the inner and outer roof
panels on one side without breaking the trailer in half or something . I
think I am leaning towards covering both the dent and a small patch with
my solar panels .  I`ve always had them on a separate frame which is`nt
as theftproof as they would be on roof . But as I see how spindally the
framing is I think it will want some extra stringers to take the extra
weight , plus Inland Andy got me all worried about the structural
problems inherent in early 60`s 22' ers . So anything that you think I
need to know would be welcome info to me , feel free to go off on any
tangent that comes to mind ! . I have or have access to a jump shear and
a brake ,air ,nibblers ,TIG etc and have a few misspent years in auto
body so its not so scary as it might seem  . I am not in a hurry to
finish the project , I have another trailer that is on the road . I`m
just in that rip out the innerds exited about the project phase , but
realistically its going to be a year or so to do , as always theres more
to it than first appeared , I bought it covered with snow in an aluminum
frenzy.