[VAC] compression fittings

A quick question for all you plumbers out there. I had a new hot water tank
professionally installed in my Overlander 2 years ago. Last summer a
compression fitting they installed with the tank broke free and I had water
all over the place, about 15 gallons worth (I have an air pressurized
system, so the fresh water tank also began to empty out). Was this a fluke,
or should I be looking to replace the new fittings/lines with something
else? Most of the rest of the water system is copper and in good condition.

Scott