[VAC] Re: Vulkem, Sikaflex, etc.

We've gone over this before, but let me remind everyone that there is absolutely no
difference between Vulkem 116 and Vulkem 616.  The 6xx series Vulkem products are
marketed by Tremco to the manufacturing industry (like vehicle construction) and the
1xx series Vulkem products are marketed to the construction trades (like masons).  I
spoke with a Tremco sales rep about this and he was very clear about it.  The
difference in numbering is for inventory tracking purposes.

Also, Sikaflex 221 is a good product and can be used anywhere Vulkem is used.  It is
untextured (unlike 616 and 116) so is good for visible applications.  Airstream uses
Sikaflex and Vulkem.  I agree with the person who said it comes out of the tube very
thin, but that's not necessarily a bad thing depending on your application.

Steve
http://www.vintagerv.com