[VAC] Re: Hehr Vents

Hey Rick,

As I am learning, the simple tasks are those that take only one day.

Yes, the screw mechanism is designed to extend beyond the outer housing.
There is a rod in the screw mechanism that extends as well. Looking up
at the mechanism, you'll notice two little "arms" that extend from a
bracket riveted to the vent frame on the body. These "arms" attach to
both sides of the mechanism at it's base. It looks like they're riveted
to the mechanism, but they aren't, they're pins. Carefully pry one of
the arms away from the mechanism with a screwdriver or something and you
*should* be able to take the mechanism off. Repeat on the other side,
lift the vent cover, mechanisms and all, out of it's hole, then you can
turn it sideways and pull it through the vent opening diagonally to get
it inside the coach. Now you can inspect the mechanism, it might have
something stuck in it, or it may just need to be lubricated with a bit
of white lithium grease. As for the fanned vent, you'll have to remove
the fan first, or climb up and take it off the roof once you've released
it. This, at least, is how it works on my '58.

Good luck.

--
Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander