[VAC] Re: 73 Center bath mirror

Well, yes it was rather a project.

first I drilled out the rivets that held the extrusions on and the
rivets that held the three different catches on ( what do you have for
catches ?) the vinyl clad aluminum came  off easy, but the double faced
tape was holding on like a scared clam.  I used a small screwdriver to
get a narrow crack open and sprayed a ton of WD-40 in there, hoping to
dissolve the stickum. It did, sort of, but I had to gently push the
screwdriver in, turn it on edge slowly and work my way down. I put a
1/4" rat tailed file in the gap, and as i opened it up the file fell
down and held it away. I did break the mirror, but it's no good anyway.
I am having a new mirror cut, and will report on stage two.

Daisy