[VAC] Silicone vs. Vulkem 116

Hello,

Dropping out of lurk mode for a minute to drop my $.02 in.  I'm a sheet metal installer by trade.  We use Vulkem 116 extensively.  (By the way, WD-40 works wonders taking it off of things you didn't want it to stick to....hands, kids, tools, etc...)  Silicone will not stick reliably to sheet metal.  Vulkem will, if you'd like a little better color selection there is a product called "SikaFlex" that works as well as Vulkem and comes in a great many more colors.  The only negative I have found is that it is thinner than Vulkem.  On a hot day it almost pours out of the tube.  One last tip, don't just squirt sealants out of the tubes and expect them to seal water leaks.  If you don't "tool" the sealant into the joint, it will not seal.  (I "tool" with my finger.)

Thanks for listening,

Marshall O.
(still looking for that Airstream to go behind my Willys)

Oceanside, CA