[VAC] Re: Water heater blowing out

The reader's comments about the water heater in his AS
blowing out after a few minutes reminded me of my experience
with same. Replaced the old heater with a new Atwood, same
hole etc. I thought I would leave caulking etc. to later. In
very gentle breezes, the pilot would go out after about an
hour. I noticed that there was foam tape to seal the gap
between the access door and the body of the heater -- if this is
so important, maybe it's just as important to caulk the gap
between the heater and the skin. Once I did this, the heater
stays lit. It seemed that random breezes were just blowing
the pilot light out.