[VAC] Awning stripes

Hey, this may sound silly, but I want to put an awning on my Airstream and I
want the stripes to go up and down -  like all the stripes on the old ones
that I see.  I was told that no company makes awnings like this anymore -
all of the stripes run lengthways.  Is this true, and if so, does someone
know how to go about getting the old style, short of spending a small
fortune for custom?  Thank you for your ideas and any advise.
Lisa, '65 Sovereign