[VAC] Re: awning fabric

Hi Folks,

I am new to the VAC discussion group and have been following the
conversation for the last while.

This is our 3rd Airsteam trailer, the first being a 1964 Bambi which I
regret having sold more that ten years ago.  We then moved up to a 1967 21'
Globetrotter (stored in my father's barn) and this past fall bought a 1973
27' Overlander. Sort of becomes a passion..doesn't it?

I didn't have an awning for the Bambi. I had the canvas and poles and found
that the easiest way to fasten the awning to the trailer was with the use of
some dinky hooks I purchased from Camping World:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?deptID=1&subOf=54,2&skunum=8014

They slide easily into the channel/rail on the trailer. Using this method,
I was also able to expand the size of my awning with a large tarp.  Worked
for me !!

Greg Gammon
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada