[VAC] Re: Removing interior paint

Over the last few years I've had people write in to my website feedback
address with their reports of removing latex from the interior
Zolatone.  The idea is that you want to get the latex off without
necessarily removing the Zolatone, as the old old Zolatone is the ideal
base for application of new Zolotone or a sprayed enamel.

The common theme among the replies is the use of water soluble paint
stripper sprayed with a hand sprayer (sometimes brushed on), allowed to
sit a long while, reapplication, and then using a stiff bristle brush
and lots of paper towels, removing the sloughed off latex paint.  I
can't remember the brand names, but home Centers have racks of the
stuff. The Zolatone may even come through unaffected.  If not, consider
it a black canvas to try the new mixes of Zolatone:

http://www.zolatoneaim.com

Best of luck,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com