[VAC] Re: WBCCI membership revisited

I started out only wanting to belong to VAC and joined at large. The
local club membership chairman "insisted" we attend a rally even if we
only came to the weekend part. We did and a year later have been
surprised to find the local rallies to be a good experience. There's
lots of Airstream knowledge and travel knowledge in the club and many
members have older though not yet vintage Airstreams. And they love our
shiny Airstream. We have held several open houses with only one vintage
Airstream.  So if you haven't given it a chance go try it. It might
surprise you. It certainly changed the impression I had gotten from the
list.

Also there are other, maybe hidden, benefits of being a WBCCI member.
When a club holds a rally the issue of liability insurance can present a
problem. WBCCI rallies are covered I think. Not sure about VAC only
rallies. Event insurance if required can be expensive w/o a national
umbrella policy. So WBCCI is helping us by assisting with rally costs
though in a way we don't see directly.