[VAC] Re: '58 Overlander Electric Brake Wiring

Ted-
Ceramic fuse blocks if intact and not cracked should be okay to use as long
as it is not asked to handle more that it's rated current. What to check?
What you'd expect; terminal are screwed down tightly, no hunks of dust or
gunk.

Screw in fuses are still to be found, but I haven't shopped for any since I
road my bike to the hardware store........ during the Nixon Administration!
Besides, if you blow one you'll have the living history experience of mending
a fuse when the lights have gone, as the song goes. Don't overload them and
you'll be fine.

What folks used to do was to overload a wiring circuit and then put in a
higher duty fuse in to meet their desired working load. Sometimes much more
that the wiring could handle. But hey, the fuse fit in the socket. Result?
Fire! Use the fuse block if you can say this will never happen to you. Let me
guess that you have a two fuse block. you can (or could ) buy fuses in 10,
15, 20, & 30 (furnace) amp ranges. I would make sure that you didn't exceed
30 amps in total.

It's a quaint idea to use it. And you probably could if intact and your on
top of the situation. Others will tell you to chuck it, and the box of spares
you should have on hand.

Alex back in Indiana (all too soon!)
66 Safari & Overlander
WBCCI 8728