[VAC] Re: replacement heater (for 70's coaches)

Title: RE: [VAC] replacement heater (for 70's coaches)

While everyone is thinking about heaters, I have
another question that maybe someone can help with.

On the 70's coaches, the outside walls angle outward
as they rise up from the floor towards the middle band
of the trailer.  The Suburban I pulled out of mine
has this angle built into it.  ie - the top protrudes
an inch or two out from the bottom.  Can you get a
new one with this built-in angle?  If not, has anyone
found a way to deal with this using a standard model?

I had the same problem with the water heater.  I built
a small plywood ramp that I mounted to the floor.  The
heater slides up onto the ramp as you push it into the
opening in the side wall.  The ramp angles the entire
heater the 10 to 15 degrees needed to get the face
flush to the outside wall.  I worried that this could
cause me problems, but the manufacturer of the water
heater says it shouldn't.  They did admit tho that
they've never tested any odd mounting angles.  I'm
a bit paranoid about it all.

Any advice?

Later,
Jimbo / '76 Sovereign