[VAC] Re: replacement heater (for 70's coaches)

         As other have said- it does need to be "gas tight"- the object is
to have all of the combustion products vented to the outside. For a while
we were doing tests on a recalled Hydroflame furnace that involved putting
LP gas into the chamber, and checking for leaks with a combustible gas
detector- so they do have to be pressure tight.

Jim Combs wrote:
>On the 70's coaches, the outside walls angle outward
>as they rise up from the floor towards the middle band
>of the trailer.  The Suburban I pulled out of mine
>has this angle built into it.  ie - the top protrudes
>an inch or two out from the bottom.  Can you get a
>new one with this built-in angle?  If not, has anyone
>found a way to deal with this using a standard model?

         The new Suburban furnaces have telescoping inlet and outlet tubes-
the outside edge does *not* have to be flush against the outside skin.

________

         Chris Bryant