[VAC] Re: replacment heater

Terry,
  I've read enough about the catalytic heaters from those who are
actually using them to feel pretty good about using one and not worrying
about CO or the moisture.

We have little personal experience, having just bought an Olympic 6000
BTU heater from RV Solar Electric at the Fall Escapade. Probably the
hardest it got used was when we were in your driveway, when it got into
the 20s overnight. We did NOT run the regular furnace at all and were
quite comfy. Of course, we cracked a window and had a roof vent open to
draw fresh air through the trailer.

I've read no negative comments from actual users of non-vented catalytic
heaters. The worriers are those who don't have one. I'm not saying that
their worries are totally unfounded, but I've not heard of people dying,
either. Truth be known, a cat heater is probably safer overall than an
unknown, old, decrepit Suburban furnace. You can't really TELL about
them; one could be "safe" today and at high risk tomorrow.

                            <<Jim>>