[VAC] Airstream Camping New Mexico Style

	The thought of a desert campsite in New Mexico is weird. In the
summer it's too hot and in winter too cold. For 5 years I have done what
works for me. In the summer when it's Hot in Las Cruces, NM I drive 200
miles to Willow Creek Camp, in the Gila National Forest. This place is in
a large valley at 9,000 feet above sea level.

	I camp facing Little Turkey Creek, that flows from the Gila
Wilderness located 20 feet from the camp. After getting the trailer level
and the stabalizers set, I get about 20 gallons of water from the creek
into the trailer. The hose from the grey water tank is stuffed into a
gopher hole.

	Then I put up the Ham Radio Antenna's and get the radios set up in
their corner of the living room. With my laptop write an e-mail to my Son
and let him know I'm camped and ready to accept Grandkids.

	A typical camp is for 3 - 4  weeks depending on a lot of things.

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di@arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -
                        http://www.zianet.com/k5di/