[VAC] Re: '65 wood

Dear RJ,

The interior wood on our '65 Airsream Trade Wind Twin 24' is Solid and veneer
over plywood Phillpine "Ribbon" mahogany. This is the same beautiful wood
used in our '46 Mercury woody wagon which I restored in 1980. When we saw
that in our old, tired and trashed Airstream...well that's one of the
prinipal reasons for our going up to $1650 for that wreck. The pieces we've
refinished leave people speechless...they can't believe how lovely it looks
after a careful patching, sanding and refinishing. The original Watco finish
sands off easily with no trace. The three coats of exterior grade gloss
polyurethane applied properly, gives a beauty and permanence that should last
20 or 30 years no problem. Feel free to ask for more info on this and
pictures. Stuart and Bonnie.