[VAC] 6Volt Blues

Stuart:
I think the MUCH simpler solution is to upgrade the Merc to 12V.  If it's not a show car & needs to be OEM, then the fix is a new battery, voltage regulator & new bulbs all around.  You might need a new horn & this is the time to move from vacuum to electric wipers.  I did this with my 50 Willys Jeepster & it really helped all around.  I don't tow my Overlander with it (like Tuna does w/ his V8 Frankenjeepster) but I do enjoy turn & brake signals, dependable wipers & easy starts on cool days, and I'll add a stereo this spring
Jeff Miller
69 Overlander
01 Durango 5.9L
50 Jeepster