[VAC] Re: winter towing

Hi Pat,
I think you hit it on the head when you said "I apply the trailer's brakes
very easily and they were in top condition."  You don't lock them up and one
does not grab before the other. If the controler is adjusted they should not
lock down before the tow unit and should not be a problem. What I find is
trailer brakes on some trailers are not adjusted or in proper working
condition and that is more of the problem. I still trust my anti-skid tow
unit's brakes over my somewhat very vintage trailer brakes and system! Both
adjusted in harmony in the hand of a careful driver is a beautiful thing to
see on slippery roads!

On the other hand I agree with most on the list and use this often during
training; "if its that bad that you have to
worry............................ get off the road.

In the normal use of the Airstream (you define this), if you run into these
types of road conditions:
1. Get off the road and into a Walmart or Flying J
2. Set up the Dish
3. Mix a very strong drink(s)
4. Tune into ESPN ( or other as you see fit)
5. Relax YOUR RETIRED AND HAVE NO REAL PLACE TO GO TO ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed (if I don't have to I'm not going )
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign
59 Traveler