[VAC] Re: Polishing an Airstream

Clyde

Your '57 has the AlClad Aluminum finish which will polish up to a very
high mirror finish.  Your trailer sitting in the dry climate of Texas was
good, presuming it was not along the coast where salt air can raise the
devil with the aluminum.  I polished a '56 and although it was only 16ft
long it took me about 40 hrs of polishing plus all the prep. and cleanup
at end of each day.  This was spread over a two week period.  I was
working outside.  Find an indoor location if you can  and things will go
faster.  You might check my web site noted below for a text document of
my  polishing experience.  It will give you some thoughts to consider.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com