[VAC] Re: Polisher

Here's why I say random orbital - a cyclo (which is
one of the tools I have) is 2 random orbital heads.
I've never had any problem using the cyclo with the
heavier grits and the results are beautiful - But I
think that's a function of how my trailer is oxidized,
the polishing pads, the polish, the polisher, and me -
others haven't had the same experience as me and I've
only polished the one trailer (and once I got that
bug, it was cars, silverware, propane tanks, desk legs
and everything else.)

I think that the polish should do MOST of the work,
second only to the polishing pads.  literally, you can
use ANY polisher you want - it's just that the orbital
will leave swirls.  Steve is right - they are
excellent for compounding - but I've had great luck
with my cyclo on that level too, and without having to
remove the same kind of swirls or compounding marks.

I'm still playing around.  take it for what it's
worth.