[VAC] Polishing VS Acid Etching

Hello Airstreamers
We love the way a mirror finish looks on a vintage trailer, but did they get
delivered from the factory "Polished"? We are not  purists. For us a nice
restoration job does not have to be exactly or even remotely original.

We work on our varnished Chris Craft wood boat, have been doing it for a
great many years.  We are tired of the amount of work it takes to make it
look beautiful, and keep it looking "Show quality" takes continual care and
concern during use. The boat was Cindy's grandmother's boat new in 54, We
are trying to get the next generation involved in the care of the family
boat.....If polishing is your thing, great. We love to admire all of them,
boats, trailers,cars, trucks, motorcycles, airplanes, etc...

I hope to restore our 1958 22' Caravanner to a nice clean user- friendly
condition. I'm thinking of cleaning the trailer (or having it done) by
chemical acid etching then a clear coat to preserve the finish. Any comments
or experience doing this?

John & Cindy
WBCCI 6034
1957 Overlander (listed for sale only on the VAC site)
1958 Caravanner
1973 Tradewind