[VAC] Re:

Bobby,
 A trick that I use with my 2WD truck if: things are a bit slippery,
and/or I have to move with the truck heading "uphill" from the trailer
or the trailer going uphill from the truck. (that is, the whole rig
appears to be bending into a 'V' at the hitch)

Pop the spring bars loose and/or remove them. When the rig is as
described, the bars are trying to lift the rear wheels of the truck even
more than usual, causing a loss of traction. Removing them allows ALL of
the trailer's tongue weight to rest on the hitch, increasing traction
dramatically.

Be sure that your hitch can handle that weight, at least for a short
time. (most definitely NOT while going down the road!)

I had 4WD trucks since 1971 and came to call 2WDs "half a truck", but I
get by nicely now with my Dodge. :-)

                                     <<Jim>>