[VAC] Re: Rally Time

To anyone thiking about next years rallys.

This past October we took a trip through the Outer
Banks.
About half way down the Outer Banks, there are three
towns, Rodanthe, Waves and Salvo. At Waves there is a
KOA Camp Hatteras then a private park called Camp
Hatteras and another park I don't remember their name.
Prices were from $22 - $40 per night.
We stayed at Camp Hatteras to check out their
facilities for having a Washington DC unit rally. This
park fronts on the Ocean and on Pamlico Sound. The
road splits the park in this area. They have a great
location here, you can hear the Ocean or walk over the
dunes to it. They also have indoor and outdoor pools,
a meeting hall with kitchen, a games room for the
kids, Miniature golf, Tennis court and close to a
fishing pier.
At the entrance there is a couple, Doug and Sue Green,
in a 55 Safari waiting to greet you. They work at the
park and live in their trailer and are the official
welcoming party for Airstream trailers.
The Outer Banks is known for being the home of
Blackbeard the Pirate and the first lighthouse in
North America. The current Cape Hatteras lighthouse
was moved up the beach in 1999 to keep it from washing
into the Ocean. It was quite a job costing 23 million
dollars.
Bring your treasure hunting equipment as there are
thousands of ship wrecks along the Outer Banks and
stuff washes up after every storm.
If you want to get in on a great rally, it will be
held the Camp Hatteras park next Aug. 15 - 18, 2002.
Put on by the Washington DC unit and attracting mostly
vintage trailers. Sign up information from Garnett
Horner email " g.c.horner@larc.nasa.gov " . Sign up
early as the Washington rallys are getting known for
their great times and fill up fast.
Doug #3327