[VAC] Bowen Blues

To List,
I have a 1959 Overlander. We are docked at an RV resort in Malibu Calif. for
the winter and have recently acquired a leak in the tank of our 6.2 gal
Bowen water heater. As we are currently staying full time in our Airstream,
this problem seems a serious inconvenience to repair personally.
The heater is functioning fine, but the leaking tank water is going under
our lino and oozing up between the cracks. Obviously this will soon damage
the floor underneath, if it hasn't done so already. Help, advice, thoughts
and suggestions welcomed. I'm fairly handy but have no experience with this
sort of repair.
Should I attempt it? Anyone have an idea what Camping World might
charge for replacement? Is an Atwood the preferred and acceptable
replacement? Can the tank be replaced separately to the heating element
portion?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts-
Maurice DePas