[VAC] Re: acuum cleaners

One other option I discovered for 12 volts: I had one of the original
Dustbusters, that lost its' power as the Ni-cad batteries degraded & failed. I
took it apart and wired it with a cord with lighter plug in to run  inside the
A/S. On 12 volts, the motor runs faster and develops more suction, tolerable
to pick up debris, until the end of trip shop -vac treatment. I later upgraded
to heavier 16 g. lamp cord, as the original wires got warm from the current
draw. Has been working fine several years now.  Now that I have an inverter, I
can use the a dirt devil, but just can't throw away some things,
sometimes.....
Jere Potter