[VAC] Re: Control panel tank levels

Gerald-
This tank level sensor arrangement is vintage 1968.
(An RV supply place told me they used to be marketed
by Newmark).  The sensors are comprised of a long
cylindrical length of solid plastic, about the
diameter of a pencil, with several exposed
silver-colored solid wires strapped to the perimeter
and running down the length of this plastic probe.
The hot wire runs the full length, as does the wire
for "near empty" light.  The 1/4 full sensor wire is
slightly shorter, and the 1/2 full sensor wire the
shortest.  I have checked all of these wires with a
meter and there is no evidence of any of the wires
being shorted to each other; they all seem to register
about the same resistance.

The transitors are equally vintage - marked "WEC-3" on
the perimeter - they are small button-shaped
transistors with a white band around the perimeter.  I
am assuming they are NPN just from their application
but I don't know how to test that without removing
them from the circuit board.  The circuit board as
well as the panel itself was made up by Eltop of
Anaheim, CA.

So now you know as much as I do.

Just because I'm the type that hates to let things
like this go unresolved, do you have any other
suggestions for testing or repairing this cicuit so I
can get the light show to work, even if its accuracy
is dubious at best?

John
68 Safari