[VAC] Re: Another screwdriver tip..

The phillips sheet metal screws that hold the aluminum inverted "U" to the
floor are particularly difficult to get out.  I seldom had enough room to
work with any drill until I got the 90 degree attachment.  Lacking the
attachment, I opted for a die grinder (rotary file) and took the head off in
short order.  Had the same problem with the screws holding the toilet flange
to the floor.  The Sears damaged screw tool might have saved the day, but
the rotary file took are of the screw heads in short order.

I never found any one technique as universal.  Typically, I start with the
screw driver (impact type if there's room).  If that fails, I try the vice
grips.  Then, the rotary file or the angle grinder if there's room.

Don't know if I'll drop the $20 for the Sears tool or not.  Might save a lot
of frustration. :)

                                             '69 Safari, Joy