[VAC] Re: Inner end cap repair

Hi Marvin, My guess is that you're gonna hafta fill the crack, not glue
it. With what ?  It needs to be flexible, and the same color as the
plastic. Here's what I would do. Go find some good bathroom caulk or
outside caulk that is close to the color, like maybe almond ?  Get a
tube of tining colors from the paint store, probably need yellow ochre
and burnt umber.  put some caulk in a plastic disposable cup and mix in
TEENY bits of the tining colors.It may take you a couple of batches to
learn how much not to put it.  Then you need to let it dry, NOT on the
wall yet, maybe on a piece of paper.  It will likely change color when
it dries, usually goes darker. Once you have the right color, fill the
crack, and tool it smooth. It may take a couple go-rounds if it is a big
crack.

The other idea might be the stuff you can fix a hole in your vinyl car
seat with.. dunno if it works or not.

have fun,
Daisy