[VAC] Curtain trouble!

My '71 Safari needed curtains badly.  So, trying to save money where ever I
can on this rebuild, I looked for an inexpensive way to get some made.

I contacted my sister-in-law who lives in another state and asked if she
could help.  She said that she could use a new project.

I purchased all the material and thread needed.  Cost was about $25.  Then I
sent it to her with the original curtain as a sample.

Three months later she sent me one of them (there are two total for the
front).  I checked it out and hung it up.  It looked fine for home made.

I then took pictures and emailed them to her praising her work and thanking
her.

She responded saying that she would start on the second one after
thanksgiving.  Then she asked for the shipping charges, which is fine of
course.  But then she asked for $100 labor.

Upto this point she never said anything about charging labor.  That puts the
price to two home made curtains up to almost $150.

In the past, I have done many many favors for this family, including loaning
a large sum of money for six years.  It was just shocking to me and I had to
vent....

They are not worth that much money.  If I had known to begin with I would
never had her make them.

Live and learn!

-Tim