[VAC] Re: Chris Deam - hillbilly interiors

Title: RE: [VAC] Re: Chris Deam - hillbilly interiors

Good point.  Nothing lasts forever though.  New and
improved technologies can be good things.  Of course,
there is much to be said for the old tried-and-true
as well.  As far as aircraft, look how the ~50 year
old B-52's are still one of our strongest military
planes.

>It will take time to tell for sure.  Raytheon devleoped
>an all composite aircraft and has not been able to
>sell it, they say it is too expensive. They have
>retooled and now are producing a composite fulselage
>and metal wings to reduce cost. We will see!!!

Tuna is on his way to building a prototype of sorts
along this line.  I think composites are on his list
of modern materials to be used.  But -- I'd guess
that he sticks with rivets.

Jimbo / '76 Sovereign