[VAC] Re: Argosy end caps

My guess is fiberglass inside, steel outside.  By the time they started making
Argosys, they had already changed from aluminum to fiberglass for Airstream
interior end caps, so they probably used it for the interior of Argosys as well
(?).

A magnet would confirm whether the cap was steel or not.  And anyone who has
drilled the inside wall of their trailer to attach accessories should have a
good idea of what kind of material it was made of, although I think the
term "end cap" refers to the exterior(?).

Besides, with Airstream, questions like this often depend on the year and month
of manufacture, which factory it came from, what parts were available that
week, what kind of mood the foreman happened to be in that day, what new ideas
were being tested, etc.

I can only provide guesses and more questions.  Charlie Burke--can you give us
the definitive answer?

Don
'63 Avion