[VAC] Re: Argosy end caps

Argosy Experts:

A year or two ago I mentioned in a message to the group what someone who
claimed to know about these matters told me re: the composition of the
Argosy endcaps.  He told me that they were fiberglass.  I looked at this
particular trailer and decided that it sure looked like fiberglass to me.
Not knowing one way or the other (I thought they were steel) I passed this
piece of info on to the group for comment.

I was then informed, in no uncertain terms, that the caps were steel and to
suggest otherwise was "rubbish"  (among other things, as I recall).

So just for the record, anybody know what is the story here?

GQ '67 Safari