[VAC] Re: Land Yacht ?

Charlie
Here is a response I recieved from Donboa@aol.com about the use of Land Yacht.
  Bobby

When Wally Byam first built Airstream he wanted the owners to feel as if they were in a boat on the land, thus he said to refer to Airstreams as Land Yacht and not trailers.  Then as the Land Yachts progressed, there were 3 models made,  Standard, non-self contained, today would be called a Park Model, then the Land Yacht Model, a self contained unit, and the International Land Yacht which had all the bells and whistels available at that time.  I think since about the early 80's the terms have changed, but the last one I owned as a 26ft Overland, Land Yacht.