[VAC] Re: Land Yacht ?

Jim, our 66 Overlander is a "Land Yacht" which I assume was a top of the
line model.  The interior is all black walnut or american walnut. And what
impresses me is the fact that the walnut plywood is trimed with solid walnut
edging.  At any rate the color of the wood is wonderful and adds greatly to
the ambiance.  The 62 Gloge Trotter on the other hand has much less wood and
was a very light oak interior.  The roof and ends are all painted the same
color top to bottom, while the Overlander is somewhat two tone with an
extruded aluminum strip half way up the walls.  The Overlander has an
electric water pump system while the GT is presurized only.  At any rate
your question is one I have tossed around also..I would like to learn more
on the history of Airstream names also. Thanks, GAS