[VAC] Re: continuous plastic hinges

Jon, I did a bit of searching for them to repair the doors on my ' 68
Tradewind. I couldn't find any. In fact, Andy at Inland RV said that
material had not been available for 15 years. The work around is to reverse
the doors. That is to hinge them at the bottom so the opened the door is
lying on the floor. The current catch is also reversed and is mounted at the
top of the door rather than the bottom. The part of the door on the other
side of the current hinge isn't used. Lincoln Soule used this method on his
trailer that I saw at the Top of Georgia vintage rally a couple of weeks
ago. I've converted half of mine and bought another piano hinge today to do
the rest. Any style hinge arrangement will work of course.

Jim Greene