[VAC] Re: continuous plastic hinges

Jon,
I'm not familiar with the hinge you refer to but I have made plastic hinges
for other things.  Polypropylene has very good fatigue properties and is
used in the hinge on inexpensive one piece plastic fishing tackle
boxes.  From a sheet of polyproylene of the right thickness, cut the size
you need for a hinge.  You can make a hinge simply by scoring the
polypropylene at the desired hinge line with a razor blade or Exacto knife
and bending at the score line.  Trick is to only partially cut through the
thickness so practice a few times.  Also, you might check some woodworking
supply places as well as McMaster-Carr for ready-made plastic hinges.

Good luck.

Garnett
WDCU 2878