[VAC] Re: GMC/Airstream Restoration

Welcome Jim, you posted just fine - just need to add a subject line
next time.

Due to the popularity of the Airstream, it is surprising that there are
not more Airstream restoration companies doing what you are doing with
GMC motorhomes (cool looking things BTW) - and are considering for
Airstreams.  Any endeavor into this field is encouraged, and should do
well. Over the last 10 months, I have declined 3 unsolicited offers of
$15,000 to $24,000 to do a turn-key restoration.  Damn, with the
airline business the way it's going, it sure is getting tempting...

One thing I hope to see in the future is more reproduction parts.  As I
have noted before, you can practically build a Mustang from such parts,
yet for the Airstream you can count them on one hand.

I think I have finally found a company to make the old aluminum Hehr
vent covers, and will allow me to make the hydro-form mold instead of
paying them the $1200 fabrication fee. Cross your fingers everyone.

Anyway, your success will be success for all Vintage Airstreams! Best
of luck.
RJ
VintageAirstream.com