[VAC] Re: catalytic heaters vs. furnaces

Jon,
 I bought a 600 btu catalytic heater at the Fall Escapade and installed
it a couple of weeks later. Mine is configured as a portable, with a QD
fitting and 6' hose; there's some legs on the bottom of the heater so
it'll stand anywhere.

We tried it when staying overnight in a friend's driveway, temperatures
reached about 26 degrees outside. We left the regular furnace 'off' and
relied on only the Cat. It is a 600 BTU model, with a 3000 and 4200
settings in addition to "full blast". Set on "low", it kept the trailer
livable during the night, but probably should have been set to "medium".
(we had no experience, so didn't know) I rate it as a success and am
very happy with our purchase.

Our trailer is a 25' Avion.

                                           <<Jim>>