[VAC] 67 GT Service panel

I have a question on the service panel.  I am assuming the configuration is
factory installed but I want to make sure.  I have a 10-2 with ground
extension cord hooking to the output side of a 30 amp breaker and a jumper
wire energizing the other split 20 amp breaker feeding the two circuits.  Is
this correct?  If so would I install the 20 amp GFCI breaker in the slot
where the 30 amp breaker is now, to protect everything?  Thanks for a
response Dave H.