[VAC] Thu 11/08 - Shumans in Canadys

Hi Airstreamers,

Every so often, we find a campground owner who is delighted to see us year
after year.  He or his wife greet  us by name, he makes sure our 3 point
hookup campsite is swept of leaves before he has us park on it, he provides
wood for leveling the one inch that might be needed, he encourages us to
send and receive email from the pay phone (simple - once we know how), he
offers (brings to us) vegetables from his garden and he has us sign his
guest book of camping friends.  When we looked at previous pages in the
guest book, we noticed many signatures included WBCCI numbers.

One year, he gave us an outside mat to keep dirt from being tracked inside
our Airstream (we still use it). Another year, he gave us a bag of pecans
(from his orchard) to shell in time for making a Thanksgiving pecan pie. He
sold us a big bag for $3.

At this campground, there are a dozen or more sites. He has a toll free
phone number for calling in a reservation. Propane is available at a
competitive price. Our cell phone said, "no service."

If anyone would like further information about this Mom and Pop campground
($10 per night), contact us directly. We are not related to this family nor
do we see or talk  with them other than once or twice a year while passing
through their town.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net