[VAC] Wed 11/07 - Elks in Wilson

Hi Airstreamers,

While refueling our Van this afternoon, a customer at the next island came
up to me and commented on "that sharp looking Airstream you're towing" and
"I wish we'd kept ours."

Each time this occurs, I wonder what it is saying about Airstreams in
general. Our rig isn't polished nor is it bemish free.  Whatever it is
saying about Airstreams, we are hearing it regularly in campgrounds and
communities around the country. Any opinions?

Tonight, we are parked with our Airstream at the Elks Lodge in Wilson, North
Carolina.  We arrived about 3pm after a HOT day of driving down I-95 and
were welcomed with open arms by Ralph El Ramey, Secretary of the Lodge. He
gave us cold drinks and invited us to come over to the Lodge later this
evening after the Lodge meeting. Both of us were bushed and declined.

At 7:30pm, Ralph knocked on our door with a totally unexpected surprise -
two "take out" orders from the supper meal they had just served. That was
consideration above and beyond anything we could have dreamed would occur.
Ralph refused our donation with, "You're our guest."

This is our first time stopping at an Elks Lodge with our Airstream. It has
been a truly exceptional experience. We are looking forward to boondocking
(water was available) at other Elk Lodges around the nation.

It's now Snowbird season and we're on our way to Florida for the Winter. The
first place we'll be staying longer than overnight will be at Encore Tampa
North campground (3 point hookups, 30 nights, $99 internet special -
available only between 15 Nov to 15 Dec 2001).

If anyone is in the neighborhood, feel free to stop by and rattle our cage,

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net
1977 31' Airstream Excella 500
1978 Ford Van E-250 Silver & Blue