[VAC] Re: Fantastic Vent

Hi Don
I had a fantastic vent installed in my '60 Overlander at the International
Rally this summer. They suggest installing at an end as the most efficient.
(mine was at rear) The explanation given was that by opening a window
slightly at the front of the unit (shaded window if possible) and drawing
air through the trailer and exhausted out the Fantastic Vent you would
create air movement and cooling. They stressed that a slightly open window
worked better than wide open windows.

It worked well for us!

I'm sure the reverse operation would work if the vent was at the front and
window open at rear.

I was told the only time to draw air into the trailer through the vent was
when you are travelling on a dusty road and want to create positive pressure
in the trailer to keep dust out. If you travel with the vent open it must be
fully open. (part way will not be as rigid and damage will be likely)

Have since sold the Overlander and bought a '60 TradeWind that will have a
Fantastic Vent installed soon.

Terry O'Neill
Calgary
66 Trade-Wind Double