[VAC] Re: heaters

Hi Scott & Tim:

I have an Olympian catalytic heater as do many of the others that have this
type of heater.  It should be noted that NO electricity us required to run
one (it lights with a piezo igniter).  That's the beauty of having one.

Also, the amount of moisture normally generated on a cold night is enough to
slightly fog a window or two.

Finally, the refrigerator vent opening in the floor found on most Airstream
models combined with a cracked vent ceiling vent should provide ample vent
area.  A minimum of  7 square inches of vent opening is recommended for an
Olympian model 6100 or 1 square inch of "free air opening" for each 1000
Btu/hour for "rooms of average tightness".

I normally run mine at the low (3200 Btu) setting and find that to be
plenty.

GQ '67 Safari