[VAC] Tongue weight

I am a VAC Newbie, so excuse me if I'm not posting this question properly.

I recently bought a 1976 Land Yacht 25' Tradewind with rear 3/4 bath for restoration.
My problem is tongue weight. According to the original owners manual my tongue weight
with options should be around 770 pounds. It actually seems to be higher.Unfortunately,
my tow vehicle hitch is rated at 600 pounds.

(Moreover, I used a friends scale with a 900 pound capacity to measure the tongue
weight and it maxed the scale. Water and waste tanks are empty.  However, the ground
was not flat but sloped down toward the tongue so the measurement is suspect.)

What, if anything can I do to reduce the tongue weight to 500-600 pounds. Is ballast an
option? If so, what do I use and where do I attach it? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.